Financial Growth Partnership Signifies Extra Progress Anticipated in 2024 for the Area
SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 30, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — In 2023, the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Space (MSA) achieved historic firsts and reached spectacular milestones throughout schooling, air journey, financial growth and high quality of life with recognition from third events such because the Wall Road Journal, Bloomberg, PwC and City Land Institute, CityHealth, and others, with extra progress to come back, in response to larger:SATX, the area’s financial growth group.
“San Antonio is at a crucial level in our progress trajectory,” stated Jenna Saucedo-Herrera, president and CEO of larger:SATX. “The shared imaginative and prescient and collaborative work of our company, authorities and regional financial growth leaders permits the area to set bold objectives and, extra importantly, to realize them. We’re dedicated to conserving this momentum entering into 2024 and past.”
The 2023 highlights embody:
- Larger San Antonio continues to steer the nation within the variety of first-generation school college students graduating from space universities.
- San Antonio Worldwide Airport secured its first nonstop trans-Atlantic flight – to Frankfurt with Condor Airlines. It additionally added nonstops to a number of Mexican cities and was named the No. 2 mid-sized U.S. airport by the Wall Street Journal.
- Larger San Antonio completed third among the many largest 41 North American metros in a latest new examine that measures the “metro positivity impact,” which compares job satisfaction amongst workers in San Antonio with that of their colleagues working for a similar firms, however in several metro areas.
- The area landed a new manufacturing facility with manufacturer JCB. It is the second JCB plant in North America, and to be the most important on the continent for the UK-based international chief in agricultural and industrial gear manufacturing. The ability is anticipated to interrupt floor in 2024 and to create greater than 1,500 jobs within the subsequent 5 years, having a $30 billion financial affect over 10 years.
- San Antonio’s downtown was rated first in post-pandemic restoration according to an article in Bloomberg.
- The area was the first to scale implementation of the Talent Pipeline Management framework across six industries. The framework is a U.S. Chamber of Commerce Basis initiative to develop a robust workforce, and the area deployed it throughout six key industries within the area: superior manufacturing, cybersecurity/tech, healthcare/life sciences, monetary companies, in addition to building and expert trades.
- PwC & City Land Institute named San Antonio a “Top 10 Real Estate Market to Watch” – marking San Antonio’s first time breaking into the High 10 of this prestigious listing.
- It was certainly one of solely seven U.S. cities to be named a Gold Medal City by CityHealth for its well being and well-being public insurance policies.
- It was named a High 5 Metropolis for Digital Nomads by TravelOffPath.com.
2024 is anticipated to deliver ahead extra progress on all fronts, stated Saucedo-Herrera, as larger:SATX helps the San Antonio Worldwide Airport in securing extra nonstop flights, lures extra firms to the area, and helps native enterprise development, together with deploying key initiatives in partnership with 19 regional financial growth organizations within the San Antonio-New Braunfels MSA and megaregional companions by means of to Austin.
“The remainder of the world is taking discover of what San Antonio has to supply – an amazing place to stay, work and construct a enterprise,” she stated. “Our metro is majority-minority with 56% Hispanic and 42% bilingual, and plenty of consultants consider the remainder of the nation will appear to be San Antonio by 2045. We’re working collectively to maintain a area that gives financial prosperity and a top quality of life for all residents and companies.”
Click on here for a 2023 Yr-in-Evaluation Infographic showcasing these 2023 successes.
larger:SATX is the financial growth partnership main the San Antonio area’s transformative progress by means of international company recruitment, native enterprise development, and workforce growth. The San Antonio area, or SATX, is the eight-county San Antonio-New Braunfels MSA, which is the 24th largest MSA within the nation (2022). On the core of larger:SATX’s mission is attracting, retaining, and rising high quality jobs for all San Antonians that present pathways to financial mobility. This work is guided by larger:SATX, supported by regional companies, regional financial growth companions, and by the Metropolis of San Antonio, Bexar County, CPS Power, and SAWS. The group is liable for aiding over 500 firms to relocate or increase within the area, which collectively make use of greater than 120,000 San Antonians. For extra data on San Antonio’s business progress and financial alternative, go to greatersatx.com and observe us on X (previously Twitter) @greater_SATX, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Mardi Larson, Amendola for larger:SATX, [email protected]